Are you shopping for a massage chair but not sure where to begin? Let us guide you through some considerations when choosing your massage chair.
Ease of Use – Massage chairs can come with numerous features and beneficial massage enhancements, but if they are challenging to use, it does the user no good. A massage chair should be simple to operate with an easy interface and automatic functions.
All Fujimi massage chairs have automatic body scanning and shoulder width detection to ensure an accurate massage. No need to manually guess the correct width and positioning of the massage rollers as it is automatic. Fujimi massage chairs also have numerous automatic massage programs pre-programmed into the machine to make it simple. With a Fujimi massage chair, it is as simple as sitting down, letting the chair scan your body, then pressing an automatic massage program of your choice.
Target Muscle—What part(s) of your body are you trying to target? Not all massage chairs can reach every spot you may need. In conjunction with the massage rollers that move on the track, Fujimi Massage Chairs also feature numerous airbags throughout the chair that provide a compressive massage to different parts of the body. They also have rollers for the bottom of the feet to provide a scraping massage. Some models also have calf massaging capabilities.
Is there a specific area you want to have massaged in a certain way? Most massage chairs have manual modes to complement automatic programs, allowing the user to target specific areas and provide personalized massages. The massage area size, speed, and technique used are customizable settings.
The number of Automatic Massage Programs – Massage chairs are programmed to have automatic massage programs designed around a purpose such as relieving muscle fatigue, stretching the body, or promoting relaxation. Premium massage chairs may feature other programs that are not available in basic massage chairs, such as programs designed to promote better sleep or programs that utilize a specific style of massage or focus on areas of the body. Fujimi massage chairs have a variety of automatic massage programs that are simple to use and produce different results.
Track Type – What kind of track system do you desire for your massage chair? What difference does it make? Premium massage chairs use an internal track that the massage rollers move along during a massage. There are generally three types of tracks that a massage chair may have.
- S Track: An “S track” features curves that follow the shape of the back and allows the massage rollers to roll from the neck down to the lower back.
- L Track: An “L track” has a straight track along the back, but the rollers extend further down the body, allowing the rollers to reach down to the buttocks.
- SL Track: Then there is the “SL track” which features the curves of an “S track” but extends further down the body like an “L track.” Combining the best of both track types, this design allows for maximum massage coverage.
All Fujimi massage chairs feature an “SL track” designed to effectively massage the lower back, glutes, and thighs.
Extra Features— Some massage chairs only have basic massage capabilities and functions. While these basic chairs may be adequate for some, Fujimi Massage Chairs have premium features that enhance the massage experience.
Features to look out for include:
- Bluetooth functionality: Offers the ability to wirelessly connect your cellphone to the built-in speakers and play relaxing sounds or whatever music you like.
- Voice Controls: Make massage adjustments without having to reach for the remote.
- Foot and Calf Rollers: Premium massage chairs offer a scraping massage along the bottom of the feet or rotating massages for the calf providing relief to tired legs and feet and improving blood flow.
- Heating Functionality: Heating causes relaxation and comfort that can help with soreness and blood flow.
- Casters: Quality casters on the massage chair make it easy to maneuver and reposition chairs when necessary.
Zero Gravity Function: "Zero Gravity" is a position based on how astronauts are seated during take-off to balance the force of gravity evenly across the body. In this position, the body is reclined with the legs above heart level. Blood circulation improves, and pressure along the spine, pelvic region, and lower back is reduced. This position will enhance the benefits and outcomes of a massage.
Space Requirements—Remember, this is a large piece of furniture. It is important to consider chair dimensions when considering where the chair will be in your home. Don’t forget that chairs usually require space in front of and behind them to function. Fujimi Massage Chairs have a space-saving feature called “Zero Space” wherein the massage chairs only require 5cm of space behind the chair to function. “Zero Space” works by having the chair slide forward as it reclines, minimizing the need for space behind the chair and allowing it to be close to the wall.
These were just a handful of things to keep in mind when purchasing a new massage chair for your home. While this list is not exhaustive, it should set you on the right track and help you make an informed decision.